Take action today with the Canada-Afghanistan Solidarity Committee
WRITE YOUR MP
Tell your local MP that you want to see a debate in parliament about extending the robust and effective participation of the Canadian Forces in support of civilian aid in Afghanistan past 2011.
ENGAGE THE MEDIA
Write letters to the editor or Op-Eds asking for a nationwide discussion and parliamentary debate on Canada’s role in Afghanistan.
CASC is a non-profit organization that does its work to lobby on behalf of continuing Canadian involvement in Afghanistan funded only by private donations. You can also donate to projects directly in Afghanistan.
Other ways to contribute to the work of the Canada-Afghanistan Solidarity Committee
* Start a CASC group in your community or on your campus: If you are thinking about starting up a CASC group, contact us for support, tools and advice.
* Blog for CASC. We need bloggers who can contribute first-person accounts, photos, videos, features, original opinion pieces and cross-posts to be published on our website. Submit your piece to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Tell others: Encourage others in your professional, activist and personal networks to sign the CASC Pledge, by signing up on our website and publicly showing support for the CASC position. Ask us for a form letter you can adapt to send to others, or order a batch of CASC flyers.
* Educate: Host a town hall meeting oriented towards constructive dialogue on how Canadians can help build a better future in Afghanistan. Or host an event with a speaker from Afghanistan or someone who has lived or worked there. Profile a humanitarian project on the ground, present a slideshow, screen an Afghan film, or host an Afghan cultural evening to help people learn the “other side” of Afghanistan. Invite the public, politicians and journalists to your events.
* Contribute news we can post to the website, help us get linked to other sites, or tell us your idea of what you can do from home.
* Twin your community: Consider twinning your community with a community in Afghanistan, contributing to a small development project on the ground.
* Fundraise: CASC is helping raise funds for a scholarship fund for orphaned girls in Kabul. You can organize an event, collect donations, do a bottle drive, bake sale, sell CASC swag, or come up with your own idea for fundraising. If you would like information on other worthwhile initiatives in need of support, please contact us.
* Download our quick guide to how to show your solidarity with Afghans. It covers where you can buy fair trade Afghan goods, donate, volunteer and learn more. If you want to help but don’t quite know where to start, this is the resource for you.
- Thank you for your support.